How did the Renaissance spark the growth and exchange of ideas across Europe?Chapter Curriculum & Vocabulary
Activity: What does Galileo's experience tell us about how challenging it can be to change a society's world view?
Story P. 79
- According to the story, why was Galileo sentenced to house arrest?
- Which elements of Worldview did Galileo’s knowledge conflict?
- (Think way back to September... The elements are listed and defined on P. 5)
Looking at the painting of Galileo's Trial
- What is the artist trying to convey about Galileo's trial? (What story is he telling?)
- How does the artist tell the story?
- What does Galileo's experience tell us about how challenging it can be to change a society's worldview?
- How did the Internet, or mobile access to the Internet (smart phones, tablets, etc) spark the growth and exchange of ideas?
- Specific examples
- What does/did this change to society look like?
- In what ways has out society faced challenges as a result of these changes?