Chapter 9 - Spain Looks Westward
Chapter 9 Overview
Chapter 9 Vocabulary
A Little Ottoman Background:
Section 1: Geography & Religion
How might the location of a country influence its religious experience?
- As a class: review map on p. 194.
- Predict answer to inquiry question.
- Read P. 194, 196, 197
- Assignment Section 1 Questions (Chapter 9 Guided Reading Sheet)
Section 2: Creating a Christian Spain
In what ways did King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella impose their religious worldview on Spanish Society?
- Discuss Section Inquiry question (Above)
- READ P. 201, 203, 204, 205
- IF TIME: Exploring Sources P. 203
- IF TIME: Over To You P. 206 #2 & 5
- Assignment: Section 2 Questions (Chapter 9 Guided Reading Sheet)
Section 3: Gold & Glory
In what ways did the desire for gold & glory shape Spanish actions during the 1400’s & 1500?
- How does this link back to the "Gold & Glory" from the Renaissance Unit?
- READ P. 207, 208, 209, 211
- Assignment: Section 3 Questions (Chapter 9 Guided Reading Sheet)