- Research 4 current events stories. (shoot for 4 - 2-3 are OK)
- Each stories will include:
- Date & Headline
- Description of the important aspect of the story summarized in your own words using 4 bulleted points. (Who, What & Why)
- Jot notes will be made in a Google Doc. Do not print – You no longer need to share these - please name them "February 10 Current Events". This document should be placed in the Social 8 Folder.
NOTE:In the new year, you will often see a lot of 'talking heads' providing predictions. Be careful to watch for the difference between fact and opinion.
Story's To watch for:
- Canada's changing military role in the war with ISIS
- Efforts to develop a pipeline east
- North Korea's recent missile launch
- Social or economic impacts of low oil prices in Alberta (or other areas of Canada)