- Research 4 current events stories. (shoot for 4 - 2-3 are OK)
- Each stories will include:
- Date & Headline
- Description of the important aspect of the story summarized in your own words using 4 bulleted points. (Who, What & Why)
- Jot notes will be made in a Google Doc. Do not print – You no longer need to share these - please name them "January 6 Current Events". This document should be placed in the Social 8 Folder.
NOTE:In the new year, you will often see a lot of 'talking heads' providing predictions. Be careful to watch for the difference between fact and opinion.
Story's To watch for:
- Mass execution in Saudi Arabia & the response of Iran & the United States
- Charges against Volkswagon
- Impact of low oil prices on Alberta/Canada/Middle East
- Paris Climate talks
- New ISIS video, featured a person speaking with a British accent & a child - what was the British response?
- Faltering Chinese economy