Part 1: The Editorial CartoonInstructions:
- Find an editorial cartoon and complete the Editorial Cartoon Analysis Questions
- Please include a copy of the Editorial Cartoon
- Your editorial cartoon must address a current event that occurred within the past 30 days, or is still relevant/in the news. (IE Oil Prices started to drop more than 30 days ago, but would still be considered current.)
- Jot notes & the Editorial Cartoon Work will be made in a Google Doc. Do not print – You no longer need to share these - please name them "March 1 Current Events"
Note - some of the regional papers/sources will mostly have cartoons relating to their subscriber area IE the Vancouver Sun. I found most of these resources by searching for Canadian Editorial Cartoons - feel free to do the same.
Part 2: 3x4 Current Events
- Research 3 current events stories. (shoot for 3 - 1 or 2 are OK)
- Each stories will include:
- Date & Headline
- Description of the important aspect of the story summarized in your own words using 4 bullet points. (Who, What & Why)
Suggested news websites: