P. 283 tells the story of the 47 Ronin. This story has been made into books and movies not only on Japan, but in other countries as well.
- What are the key ideas and values demonstrated in the story?
- Honour is a key Japanese value. How are the actions of the people in this story affected by honour?
How can a military power and social structure be used to maintain control in a society?
- READ P. 284 – 286
- Complete the chat at the bottom of the page: (Google Docs Version)
- Complete the Power of the Shogun Handout
- Complete the Section 1 Student Notes
Ieyasu Has A Problem: