First off we are going to wrap up that introductory activity from yesterday and go over the curriculum sheet for the first chapter, and go over a quick overview of general Aztec information - and backgrounder of sorts.
Chapter 7 - Initial Discussion of the Aztec Creation Legend
From the Codex Mendoza
- What is a 'Nation'?
- After reading the legend on P.151:
- What effect do you think the experience of hardship and wondering might have had on the Aztec sense of identity?
- Can you name another group of people who wondered in the desert before being led to a promised land?
- Looking at Figure 7-1 (Or above...) what elements from the story are present?
- Brainstorm a list of reasons why immigrants came to Canada/Alberta? Still come to Alberta from other areas of Canada?
- Are there similarities/parallels to the Aztec Creation story?