OK - Computer guys, I just realized that I forgot to put the notes & handouts for this section into Google Drive. Good news though - they are there now! ;)
- European Imperialism Student Notes(Google Docs format)
- Imperialism Diagram (Word Format)
- Point of View Activity (Word Format)
- Note that the 2 of the activities I had to leave in word format because they were full of diagrams. You can download a copy for yourself that can be edited in Word)
- you will be looking at different points of view with regards to Imperialism. Think about who decides what makes a hero or a villain. As well, look at how the Europeans justified their actions during the age of Imperialism. (Think back to our discussion about the letter that the Spanish Monarchs gave Columbus)
8O & 8D
- After this, you will be looking at the impact of Exploration/imperialism on the lives of the Europeans. Specifically, you will be working on the European Imperialism Student Notes.